Enclosed herewith you will find Part Five. After studying this part carefully, you
will see that every conceivable force or object or fact is the result of mind in
Mind in action is thought, and thought is creative. Men are thinking now as they
never thought before.
Therefore, this is a creative age, and the world is awarding its richest prizes to
the thinkers. Matter is powerless, passive, inert. Mind is force, energy, power.
Mind shapes and controls matter. Every form which matter takes is but the
expression of some pre-existing thought.
But thought works no magic transformations; it obeys natural laws; it sets in
motion natural forces; it releases natural energies; it manifests in your conduct
and actions, and these in turn react upon your friends and acquaintances, and
eventually upon the whole of your environment. You can originate thought, and,
since thoughts are creative, you can create for yourself the things you desire.
1. At least ninety per cent of our mental life is subconscious, so that those who
fail to make use of this mental power live within very narrow limits.
2. The subconscious can and will solve any problem for us if we know how to direct
it. The subconscious processes are always at work; the only question is, are we to
be simply passive recipients of this activity, or are we to consciously direct the
work? Shall we have a vision of the destination to be reached, the dangers to be
avoided, or shall we simply drift?
3. We have found that mind pervades every part of the physical body and is always
capable of being directed or impressed by authority coming from the objective or
the more dominant portion of the mind.
4. The mind, which pervades the body, is largely the result of heredity, which, in
turn, is simply the result of all the environments of all past generations on the
responsive and ever-moving life forces. An understanding of this fact will enable
us to use our authority when we find some undesirable trait of character
5. We can consciously use all the desirable characteristics with which we have been
provided and we can repress and refuse to allow the undesirable ones to manifest.
6. Again, this mind which pervades our physical body is not only the result of
hereditary tendencies, but is the result of home, business and social environment,
where countless thousands of impressions, ideas, prejudices and similar thoughts
have been received. Much of this has been received from others, the result of
opinions, suggestions or statements; much of it is the result of our own thinking,
but nearly all of it has been accepted with little or no examination or
7. The idea seemed plausible, the conscious received it, passed it on to the
subconscious, where it was taken up by the Sympathetic System and passed on to be
built into our physical body. “The word has become flesh.”
8. This, then, is the way we are consistently creating and recreating ourselves; we
are today the result of our past thinking, and we shall be what we are thinking
today, the Law of Attraction is bringing to us, not the things we should like, or
the things we wish for, or the things some one else has, but it brings us “our
own,” the things which we have created by our thought processes, whether
consciously or unconsciously. Unfortunately, many of us are creating these things
9. If either of us were building a home for ourselves, how careful we would be in
regard to the plans; how we should study every detail; how we should watch the
material and select only the best of everything; and yet how careless we are when
it comes to building our Mental Home, which is infinitely more important than any
physical home, as everything which can possibly enter into our lives depends upon
the character of the material which enters into the construction of our Mental
10. What is the character of this material? We have seen that it is the result of
the impressions which we have accumulated in the past and stored away in our
subconscious Mentality. If these impressions have been of fear, of worry, of care,
of anxiety; if they have been despondent, negative, doubtful, then the texture of
the material which we are weaving today will be of the same negative material.
Instead of being of any value, it will be mildewed and rotten and will bring us
only more toil and care and anxiety. We shall be forever busy trying to patch it up
and make it appear at least genteel.
11. But if we have stored away nothing but courageous thought, if we have been
optimistic, positive, and have immediately thrown any kind of negative thought on
the scrap pile, have refused to have anything to do with it, have refused to
associate with it or become identified with it in any way, what then is the result?
Our mental material is now of the best kind; we can weave any kind of material we
want; we can use any color we wish; we know that the texture is firm, that the
material is solid, that it will not fade, and we have no fear, no anxiety
concerning the future; there is nothing to cover, there are no patches to hide.
12. These are psychological facts; there is no theory or guesswork about these
thinking processes; there is nothing secret about them; in fact, they are so plain
that every one can understand them. The thing to do is to have a mental
and to have this house-cleaning every day, and keep the house clean.
Mental, moral and physical cleanliness are absolutely indispensable if we are to
make progress of any kind.
13. When this mental house-cleaning process has been completed, the material which
is left will be suitable for the making of the kind of ideals or mental images
which we desire to realize.
14. There is a fine estate awaiting a claimant. Its broad acres, with abundant
crops, running water and fine timber, stretch away as far as the eye can see. There
is a mansion, spacious and cheerful, with rare pictures, a well-stocked library,
rich hangings, and every comfort and luxury. All the heir has to do is to assert
his heirship, take possession, and use the property. He must use it; he must not
let it decay; for use is the condition on which he holds it. To neglect it is to
15. In the domain of mind and spirit, in the domain of practical power, such an
estate is yours. You are the heir! You can assert your heirship and possess, and
use this rich inheritance. Power over circumstances is one of its fruits, health,
harmony and prosperity are assets upon its balance sheet. It offers you poise and
peace. It costs you only the labor of studying and harvesting its great resources.
It demands no sacrifice, except the loss of your limitations, your servitudes, your
weakness. It clothes you with self-honor, and puts a scepter in your hands.
16. To gain this estate, three processes are necessary: You must earnestly desire
it. You must assert your claim. You must take possession.
17. You admit that those are not burdensome conditions.
18. You are familiar with the subject of heredity. Darwin, Huxley, Haeckel, and
other physical scientists have piled evidence mountain high that heredity is a law
attending progressive creation. It is progressive heredity which gives man his
erect attitude, his power of motion, the organs of digestions, blood circulation,
nerve force, muscular force, bone structure and a host of other faculties on the
physical side. There are even more impressive facts concerning heredity of mind
force. All these constitute what may be called your human heredity.
19. But there is a heredity which the physical scientists have not compassed. It
lies beneath and antecedent to all their researches. At a point where they throw up
their hands in despair, saying they cannot account for what they see, this divine
heredity is found in full sway.
20. It is the benignant force which decrees primal creation. It thrills down from
the Divine, direct into every created being. It originates life, which the physical
scientist has not done, nor ever can do. It stands out among all forces supreme,
unapproachable. No human heredity can approach it. No human heredity measures up to
21. This Infinite Life flows through you; is you. Its doorways are but the
faculties which comprise your consciousness. To keep open these doors is the Secret
of Power. Is it not worthwhile to make the effort?
22. The great fact is, that the source of all life and all power is from within.
Persons, circumstances and events may suggest need and opportunities, but the
insight, strength and power to answer these needs will be found within.
23. Avoid counterfeits. Build firm foundations for your consciousness upon forces
which flow direct from the Infinite source, the Universal Mind of which you are the
image and likeness.
24. Those we have come into possession of this inheritance are never quite the same
again. They have come into possession of a sense of power hitherto undreamed of.
They can never again be timid, weak, vacillating, or fearful. They are indissolubly
connected with Omnipotence. Something in them has been aroused; they have suddenly
discovered that they possess a tremendous latent ability of which they were
heretofore entirely unconscious.
25. This power is from within, but we cannot receive it unless we give it. Use is
the condition upon which we hold this inheritance. We are each of us but the
channel through which the Omnipotent power is being differentiated into form;
unless we give, the channel is obstructed and we can receive no more. This is true
on every plane of existence and in every field of endeavor and all walks of life.
The more we give, the more we get. The athlete who wishes to get strong must make
use of the strength he has, and the more he gives the more he will get. The
financier who wishes to make money must make use of the money he has, for only by
using it can he get more.
26. The merchant who does not keep his goods going out will soon have none coming
in; the corporation which fails to give efficient service will soon lack customers;
the attorney who fails to get results will soon lack clients, and so it goes
everywhere; power is contingent upon a proper use of the power already in our
possession; what is true in every field of endeavor, every experience in life, is
true of the power from which every other power known among men is begotten —
spiritual power. Take away the spirit and what is left? Nothing.
27. If then the spirit is all there is, upon the recognition of this fact must
depend the ability to demonstrate all power, whether physical, mental or spiritual.
28. All possession is the result of the accumulative attitude of mind, or the money
consciousness; this is the magic wand which will enable you to receive the idea,
and it will formulate plans for you to execute, and you will find as much pleasure
in the execution as in the satisfaction of attainment and achievement.
29. Now, go to your room, take the same seat, the same position as heretofore, and
mentally select a place which has pleasant associations. Make a complete mental
picture of it, see the buildings, the grounds, the trees, friends, associations,
everything complete. At first, you will find yourself thinking of everything under
the sun, except the ideal upon which you desire to concentrate. But do not let that
discourage you. Persistence will win, but persistence requires that you practice
these exercises every day without fail.
Master Key System http://masterkey.takingcare.ws