You have found that the Individual may act on the Universal, and that the result of
this action and interaction is cause and effect. Thought, therefore, is the cause,
and the experiences with which you meet in life are the effect.
Eliminate, therefore, any possible tendency to complain of conditions as they have
been, or as they are, because it rests with you to change them and make them what
you would like them to be.
Direct your effort to a realization of the mental resources, always at your
command, from which all real and lasting power comes.
Persist in this practice until you come to a realization of the fact that there can
be no failure in the accomplishment of any proper object in life if you but
understand your power and persist in your object, because the mind-forces are ever
ready to lend themselves to a purposeful will, in the effort to crystallize thought
and desire into actions, events and conditions.
Whereas in the beginning of each function of life and each action is the result of
conscious thought, the habitual actions become automatic and the thought that
controls them passes into the realm of the subconscious; yet it is just as
intelligent as before. It is necessary that it become automatic, or subconscious,
in order that the self-conscious mind may attend to other things. The new actions
will, however, in their turn, be come habitual, then automatic, then subconscious
in order that the mind again may be freed from this detail and advanced to still
When you realize this, you will have found a source of power which will enable you
to take care of any situation in life which may develop.
1. The necessary interaction of the conscious and subconscious mind requires a
similar interaction between the corresponding systems of nerves. Judge Troward
indicates the very beautiful method in which this interaction is effected. He says:
The cerebro-spinal system is the organ of the conscious mind and the sympathetic is
the organ of the subconscious. The cerebro-spinal is the channel through which we
receive conscious perception from the physical senses and exercise control over the
movements of the body. This system of nerves has its centre in the brain.
2. The Sympathetic System has its centre in a ganglionic mass at the back of the
stomach known as the Solar Plexus, and is the channel of that mental action which
unconsciously supports the vital functions of the body.
3. The connection between the two systems is made by the vagus nerve which passes
out of the cerebral region as a portion of the voluntary system to the thorax,
sending out branches to the heart and lungs, and finally passing through the
diaphragm, it loses its outer coating and becomes identified with the nerves of the
Sympathetic System, so forming a connecting link between the two and making man
physically a “single entity”.
4. We have seen that every thought is received by the brain, which is the organ of
the conscious; it is here subjected to our power of reasoning. When the objective
mind has been satisfied that the thought is true it is sent to the Solar Plexus, or
the brain of the subjective mind, to be made into our flesh, to be brought forth
into the world as reality. It is then no longer susceptible to any argument
whatever. The subconscious mind cannot argue; it only acts. It accepts the
conclusions of the objective mind as final.
5. The Solar Plexus has been likened to the sun of the body, because it is a
central point of distribution for the energy which the body is constantly
generating. This energy is very real energy, and this sun is a very real sun, and
the energy is being distributed by very real nerves to all parts of the body, and
is thrown off in an atmosphere which envelopes the body.
6. If this radiation is sufficiently strong the person is called magnetic; he is
said to be filled with personal magnetism. Such a person may wield an immense power
for good. His presence alone will often bring comfort to the troubled minds with
which he comes in contact.
7. When the Solar Plexus is in active operation and is radiating life, energy and
vitality to every part of the body, and to every one whom he meets, the sensations
are pleasant, the body is filled with health and all with whom he comes in contact
experience a pleasant sensation.
8. If there is any interruption of this radiation the sensations are unpleasant,
the flow of life and energy to some part of the body is stopped, and this is the
cause of every ill to the human race, physical, mental or environmental.
9. Physical because the sun of the body is no longer generating sufficient energy
to vitalize some part of the body; mental because the conscious mind is dependent
upon the subconscious mind for the vitality necessary to support its thought, and
environmental, because the connection between the subconscious mind and the
Universal mind, is being interrupted.
10. The Solar Plexus is the point at which the part meets with the whole, where the
finite becomes Infinite, where the Uncreate becomes create, the Universal becomes
individualized, the Invisible becomes visible. It is the point at which life
appears and there is no limit to the amount of life an individual may generate from
this Solar centre.
11. This centre of energy is Omnipotent because it is the point of contact with all
life and all intelligence. It can therefore accomplish whatever it is directed to
accomplish, and herein lies the power of the conscious mind; the subconscious can
and will carry out such plans and ideas as may be suggested to it by the conscious
12. Conscious thought, then, is master of this sun centre from which the life and
energy of the entire body flows and the quality of the thought which we entertain
determines the quality of the thought which this sun will radiate, and the
character of the thought which our conscious mind entertains will determine the
character of the thought which this sun will radiate, and the nature of the thought
which our conscious mind entertains will determine the nature of thought which this
sun will radiate, and consequently will determine the nature of the experience
which will result.
13. It is evident, therefore, that all we have to do is let our light shine; the
more energy we can radiate, the more rapidly shall we be enabled to transmute
undesirable conditions into sources of pleasure and profit. The important question,
then, is how to let this light shine; how to generate this energy.
14. Non-resistant thought expands the Solar Plexus; resistant thought contracts it.
Pleasant thought expands it; unpleasant thought contracts it. Thoughts of courage,
power, confidence and hope all produce a corresponding state, but the one arch
enemy of the Solar Plexus which must be absolutely destroyed before there is any
possibility of letting any light shine is fear. This enemy must be completely
destroyed; he must be eliminated; he must be expelled forever; he is the cloud
which hides the sun; which causes a perpetual gloom.
15. It is this personal devil which makes men fear the past, the present and the
future; fear themselves, their friends and their enemies; fear everything and
everybody. When fear is effectually and completely destroyed, your light will
shine, the clouds will disperse and you will have found the source of power, energy
16. When you find that you are really one with the Infinite power, and when you can
consciously realize this power by a practical demonstration of your ability to
overcome any adverse condition by the power of your thought, you will have nothing
to fear; fear will have been destroyed and you will have come into possession of
17. It is our attitude of mind toward life which determines the experiences with
which we are to meet; if we expect nothing, we shall have nothing; if we demand
much, we shall receive the greater portion. The world is harsh only as we fail to
assert ourselves. The criticism of the world is bitter only to those who cannot
compel room for their ideas. It is fear of this criticism that causes many ideas to
fail to see the light of day.
18. But the man who knows that he has a Solar Plexus will not fear criticism or
anything else; he will be too busy radiating courage, confidence, and power; he
will anticipate success by his mental attitude; he will pound barriers to pieces,
and leap over the chasm of doubt and hesitation which fear places in his path.
19. A knowledge of our ability to consciously radiate health, strength and harmony
will bring us into a realization that there is nothing to fear because we are in
touch with Infinite Strength.
20. This knowledge can be gained only by making practical application of this
information. We learn by doing; through practice the athlete comes powerful.
21. As the following statement is of considerable importance, I will put it in
several ways, so that you cannot fail to get the full significance of it. If you
are religiously inclined, I would say, you can let your light shine. If your mind
has a bias toward physical science, I would say you can wake the Solar Plexus; or,
if you prefer the strictly scientific interpretation, I will say that you can
impress your subconscious mind.
22. I have already told you what the result of this impression will be. It is the
method in which you are now interested. You have already learned that the
subconscious is intelligent and that it is creative, and responsive to the will of
the conscious mind. What, then, is the most natural way of making the desired
impression? Mentally concentrate on the object of your desire; when you are
concentrating you are impressing the subconscious.
23. This is not the only way, but it is a simple and effective way, and the most
direct way, and consequently the way in which the best results are secured. It is
the method which is producing such extraordinary results that many think that
miracles are being accomplished.
24. It is the method by which every great inventor, every great financier, every
great statesman has been enabled to convert the subtle and invisible force of
desire, faith and confidence into actual, tangible, concrete facts in the objective
25. The subconscious mind is a part of the Universal mind. The Universal is the
creative principle of the Universe, a part must be the same in kind and quality as
the whole. This means that this creative power is absolutely unlimited; it is not
bound by precedent of any kind, and consequently has no prior existing pattern by
which to apply its constructive principle.
26. We have found that the subconscious mind is responsive to our conscious will,
which means that the unlimited creative power of the Universal Mind is within
control of the conscious mind of the individual.
27. When making a practical application of this principle, in accordance with the
exercises given in the subsequent lessons, it is well to remember that it is not
necessary to outline the method by which the subconscious will produce the results
you desire. The finite cannot inform the Infinite. You are simply to say what you
desire, not how you are to obtain it.
28. You are the channel by which the undifferentiated is being differentiated, and
this differentiation is being accomplished by appropriation. It only requires
recognition to set causes in motion which will bring about results in accordance
with your desire, and this is accomplished because the Universal can act only
through the individual, and the individual can act only through the Universal; they
29. For your exercise this week, I will ask you to go one step further. I want you
to not only be perfectly still, and inhibit all thought as far as possible, but
relax, let go, let the muscles take their normal condition; this will remove all
pressure from the nerves, and eliminate that tension which so frequently produces
30. Physical relaxation is a voluntary exercise of the will and the exercise will
be found to be of great value, as it enables the blood to circulate freely to and
from the brain and body.
31. Tensions leads to mental unrest and abnormal mental activity of the mind; it
produces worry, care, fear and anxiety. Relaxation is therefore an absolute
necessity in order to allow the mental faculties to exercise the greatest freedom.
32. Make this exercise as thorough and complete as possible, mentally determine
that you will relax every muscle and nerve, until you feel quiet and restful and at
peace with yourself and the world.
33. The Solar Plexus will then be ready to function and you will be surprised at
Master Key System http://masterkey.takingcare.ws