You have found from your study thus far that thought is a spiritual activity and is
therefore endowed with creative power. This does not mean that some thought is
creative, but that all thought is creative. This same principle can be brought into
operation in a negative way, through the process of denial.
The conscious and subconscious are but two phases of action in connection with one
mind. The relation of the subconscious to the conscious is quite analogous to that
existing between a weather vane and the atmosphere.
Just as the least pressure of the atmosphere causes an action on the part of the
weather vane, so does the least thought entertained by the conscious mind produce
within your subconscious mind action in exact proportion to the depth of feeling
characterizing the thought and the intensity with which the thought is indulged.
It follows that if you deny unsatisfactory conditions, you are withdrawing the
creative power of your thought from these conditions. You are cutting them away at
the root. You are sapping their vitality.
Remember that the law of growth necessarily governs every manifestation in the
objective, so that a denial of unsatisfactory conditions will not bring about
instant change. A plant will remain visible for some time after its roots have been
cut, but it will gradually fade away and eventually disappear, so the withdrawal of
your thought from the contemplation of unsatisfactory conditions will gradually,
but surely, terminate these conditions.
You will see that this is an exactly opposite course from the one which we would
naturally be inclined to adopt.
It will therefore have an exactly opposite effect to the one usually secured. Most
persons concentrate intently upon unsatisfactory conditions, thereby giving the
condition that measure of energy and vitality which is necessary in order to supply
a vigorous growth.
1. The Universal Energy in which all motion, light, heat, and color have their
origin, does not partake of the limitation of the many effects of which it is the
cause, but it is supreme over them all. This Universal Substance is the source of
all Power, Wisdom and Intelligence.
2. To recognize this Intelligence is to acquaint yourself with the knowing quality
of Mind and through it to move upon the Universal Substance, and bring it into
harmonious relations in your affairs.
3. This is something that the most learned physical science teacher has not
attempted — a field of discovery upon which he has not yet launched; in fact, but
few of the materialistic schools have ever caught the first ray of this light. It
does not seem to have dawned upon them that wisdom is just as much present
everywhere as are force and substance.
4. Some will say, if these principles are true, why are we not demonstrating them?
As the fundamental principle is obviously correct, why do we not get proper
results? We do. We get results in exact accordance with our understanding of the
law and our ability to make the proper application. We secured no results from the
laws governing electricity until someone formulated the law and showed us how to
5. This puts us in an entirely new relation to our environment, opening up
possibilities previously undreamed of, and this by an orderly sequence of law which
is naturally involved in our new mental attitude.
6. Mind is creative and the principle upon which this law is based is sound and
legitimate and is inherent in the nature of things; but this creative power does
not originate in the individual, but in the Universal, which is the source and
fountain of all energy and substance, the individual is simply the channel for the
distribution of this energy. The individual is the means by which the Universal
produces the various combinations which result in the formation of phenomena.
7. We know that scientists have resolved matter into an immense number of
molecules; these molecules have been resolved into atoms, and the atoms into
electrons. The discovery of electrons in high vacuum glass tubes containing fused
terminals of hard metal, indicates conclusively that these electrons fill all
space; that they exist everywhere, that they are omnipresent. They fill all
material bodies and occupy the whole of what we call empty space. This, then, is
the Universal Substance from which all things proceed.
8. Electrons would forever remain electrons unless directed where to go to be
assembled into atoms and molecules, and this director is Mind. A number of
electrons revolving around a center of force constitutes an atom; atoms unite in
absolutely regular mathematical ratios and form molecules, and these unite with
each other to form a multitude of compounds which unite to build the Universe.
9. The lightest known atom is hydrogen and this is 1,700 times heavier than an
electron. An atom of mercury is 300,000 times heavier than an electron. Electrons
are pure negative electricity, and as they have the same potential velocity as all
other cosmic energy, such as heat, light, electricity and thought, neither time nor
space require consideration. The manner in which the velocity of light was
ascertained is interesting.
10. The velocity of light was obtained by the Danish astronomer Roemer in 1676, by
observing the eclipses of Jupiter’s moons. When the earth was nearest to Jupiter,
the eclipse appeared about eight and one-half minutes too soon for the
calculations, and when the earth was most remote from Jupiter, they were about
eight and one-half minutes too late. Roemer concluded the reason to be that it
required 17 minutes for light from the planet to traverse the diameter of the
earth’s orbit, which measured the difference of the distances of the earth from
Jupiter. This calculation has since been verified, and proves that light travels
about 186,000 miles a second.
11. Electrons manifest in the body as cells, and possess mind and intelligence
sufficient for them to perform their functions in the human physical anatomy. Every
part of the body is composed of cells, some of which operate independently; others
in communities. Some are busy building tissue, while others are engaged in forming
the various secretions necessary for the body. Some act as carriers of material;
others are the surgeons whose work it is to repair damage; others are scavengers,
carrying off waste; others are constantly ready to repel invaders or other
undesirable intruders of the germ family.
12. All these cells are moving for a common purpose and each one is not only a
living organism, but has sufficient intelligence to enable it to perform its
necessary duties. It is also endowed with sufficient intelligence to conserve the
energies and perpetuate its own life. It must, therefore, secure sufficient
nourishment and it has been found that it exercises choice in the selection of such
13. Each cell is born, reproduces itself, dies and is absorbed. The maintenance of
health and life itself depends upon the constant regeneration of these cells.
14. It is therefore apparent that there is mind in every atom of the body; this
mind is negative mind, and the power of the individual to think makes him positive,
so that he can control this negative mind. This is the scientific explanation for
metaphysical healing, and will enable anyone to understand the principle upon which
this remarkable phenomenon rests.
15. This negative mind, which is contained in every cell of the body, has been
called the subconscious mind, because it acts without our conscious knowledge. We
have found that this subconscious mind is responsive to the will of the conscious
16. All things have their origin in mind, and appearances are the result of
thought. So that we see that things in themselves have no origin, permanency, or
reality. Since they are produced by thought, they can be erased by thought.
17. In mental, as in natural science, experiments are being made and each discovery
lifts man one step higher toward his possible goal. We find that every man is the
reflection of the thought he has entertained during his lifetime. This is stamped
on his face, his form, his character, his environment.
18. Back of every effect there is a cause, and if we follow the trail to its
starting point, we shall find the creative principle out of which it grew. Proofs
of this are now so complete that this truth is generally accepted.
19. The objective world is controlled by an unseen and, heretofore, unexplainable
power. We have, heretofore, personalized this power and called it God. We have now,
however, learned to look upon it as the permeating essence or Principle of all that
exists — the Infinite or Universal Mind.
20. The Universal Mind, being infinite and omnipotent, has unlimited resources at
its command, and when we remember that it is also omnipresent, we cannot escape the
conclusion that we must be an expression or manifestation of that Mind.
21. A recognition and understanding of the resources of the subconscious mind will
indicate that the only difference between the subconscious and the Universal is one
of degree. They differ only as a drop of water differs from the ocean. They are the
same in kind and quality, the difference is one of degree only.
22. Do you, can you, appreciate the value of this all-important fact; do you
realize that a recognition of this tremendous fact places you in touch with
Omnipotence? The subconscious mind being the connecting link between the Universal
Mind and the conscious mind, is it not evident that the conscious mind can
consciously suggest thoughts which the subconscious mind will put into action, and
as the subconscious is one with the Universal, is it not evident that no limit can
be placed upon its activities?
23. A scientific understanding of this principle will explain the wonderful results
which are secured through the power of prayer. The results which are secured in
this way are not brought about by any special dispensations of providence, but on
the contrary, they are the result of the operation of a perfectly natural law.
There is, therefore, nothing either religious or mysterious about it.
24. Yet there are many who are not ready to enter into the discipline necessary to
think correctly, even though it is evident that wrong thinking has brought failure.
25. Thought is the only reality; conditions are but the outward manifestations; as
the thought changes, all outward or material conditions must change in order to be
in harmony with their creator, which is thought.
26. But the thought must be clear cut, steady, fixed, definite, unchangeable; you
cannot take one step forward and two steps backward, neither can you spend twenty
or thirty years of your life building up negative conditions as the result of
negative thoughts, and then expect to see them all melt away as the result of
fifteen or twenty minutes of right thinking.
27. If you enter into the discipline necessary to bring about a radical change in
your life, you must do so deliberately, after giving the matter careful thought and
full consideration, and then you must allow nothing to interfere with your
28. This discipline, this change of thought, this mental attitude will not only
bring you the material things which are necessary for your highest and best
welfare, but will bring health and harmonious conditions generally.
29. If you wish harmonious conditions in your life, you must develop an harmonious
30. Your world without will be a reflection of your world within.
31. For your exercise this week, concentrate on Harmony, and when I say
concentrate, I mean all that the word implies; concentrate so deeply, so earnestly,
that you will be conscious of nothing but harmony. Remember, we learn by doing.
Reading these lessons will get you nowhere. It is in the practical application that
the value consists.
“Learn to keep the door shut, keep out of your mind and out of your world,
every element that seeks admittance with no definite helpful end in view.”
George Mathew Adams
Master Key System http://masterkey.takingcare.ws