It is my privilege to enclose herewith Part One of The Master Key System. Would you
bring into your life more power? Get the power consciousness. More health? Get the
health consciousness. More happiness? Get the happiness consciousness. Live the
spirit of these things until they become yours by right. It will then become
impossible to keep them from you. The things of the world are fluid to a power
within man by which he rules them.
You need not acquire this power. You already have it. But you want to understand
it; you want to use it; you want to control it; you want to impregnate yourself
with it, so that you can go forward and carry the world before you.
Day by day as you go on and on, as you gain momentum, as your inspiration deepens,
as your plans crystallize, as you gain understanding, you will come to realize that
this world is no dead pile of stones and timber, but that it is a living thing! It
is made up of the beating hearts of humanity. It is a thing of life and beauty.
It is evident that it requires understanding to work with material of this
description, but those who come into this understanding, are inspired by a new
light, a new force, they gain confidence and greater power each day, they realize
their hopes and their dreams come true, life has a deeper, fuller, clearer meaning
And, now, Part One.
1. That much gathers more is true on every plane of existence and that loss leads
to greater loss is equally true.
2. Mind is creative, and conditions, environment and all experiences in life are
the result of our habitual or predominant mental attitude.
3. The attitude of mind necessarily depends upon what we think. Therefore, the
secret of all power, all achievement and all possession depends upon our method of
4. This is true because we must “be” before we can “do,” and we can “do” only to
the extent which we “are,” and what we “are” depends upon what we “think.”
5. We cannot express powers that we do not possess. The only way by which we may
secure possession of power is to become conscious of power, and we can never become
conscious of power until we learn that all power is from within.
6. There is a world within – a world of thought and feeling and power; of light and
life and beauty and, although invisible, its forces are mighty.
7. The world within is governed by mind. When we discover this world we shall find
the solution for every problem, the cause for every effect; and since the world
within is subject to our control, all laws of power and possession are also within
8. The world without is a reflection of the world within. What appears without is
what has been found within. In the world within may be found infinite Wisdom,
infinite Power, infinite Supply of all that is necessary, waiting for unfoldment,
development and expression. If we recognize these potentialities in the world
within they will take form in the world without.
9. Harmony in the world within will be reflected in the world without by harmonious
conditions, agreeable surroundings, the best of everything. It is the foundation of
health and a necessary essential to all greatness, all power, all attainment, all
achievement and all success.
10. Harmony in the world within means the ability to control our thoughts, and to
determine for ourselves how any experience is to affect us.
11. Harmony in the world within results in optimism and affluence; affluence within
results in affluence without.
12. The world without reflects the circumstances and the conditions of the
13. If we find wisdom in the world within, we shall have the understanding to
discern the marvelous possibilities that are latent in this world within, and we
shall be given the power to make these possibilities manifest in the world without.
14. As we become conscious of the wisdom in the world within, we mentally take
possession of this wisdom, and by taking mental possession we come into actual
possession of the power and wisdom necessary to bring into manifestation the
essentials necessary for our most complete and harmonious development.
15. The world within is the practical world in which the men and women of power
generate courage, hope, enthusiasm, confidence, trust and faith, by which they are
given the fine intelligence to see the vision and the practical skill to make the
16. Life is an unfoldment, not accretion. What comes to us in the world without is
what we already possess in the world within.
17. All possession is based on consciousness. All gain is the result of an
accumulative consciousness. All loss is the result of a scattering consciousness.
18. Mental efficiency is contingent upon harmony; discord means confusion;
therefore, he who would acquire power must be in harmony with Natural Law.
19. We are related to the world without by the objective mind. The brain is the
organ of this mind and the cerebro-spinal system of nerves puts us in conscious
communication with every part of the body. This system of nerves responds to every
sensation of light, heat, odor, sound and taste.
20. When this mind thinks correctly, when it understands the truth, when the
thoughts sent through the cerebro-spinal nervous system to the body are
constructive, these sensations are pleasant, harmonious.
21. The result is that we build strength, vitality and all constructive forces into
our body, but it is through this same objective mind that all distress, sickness,
lack, limitation and every form of discord and inharmony is admitted to our lives.
It is therefore through the objective mind, by wrong thinking, that we are related
to all destructive forces.
22. We are related to the world within by the subconscious mind. The solar plexus
is the organ of this mind; the sympathetic system of nerves presides over all
subjective sensations, such as joy, fear, love, emotion, respiration, imagination
and all other subconscious phenomena. It is through the subconscious that we are
connected with the Universal Mind and brought into relation with the Infinite
constructive forces of the Universe.
23. It is the coordination of these two centers of our being, and the understanding
of their functions, which is the great secret of life. With this knowledge we can
bring the objective and subjective minds into conscious cooperation and thus
coordinate the finite and the infinite. Our future is entirely within our own
control. It is not at the mercy of any capricious or uncertain external power.
24. All agree that there is but one Principle or Consciousness pervading the entire
Universe, occupying all space, and being essentially the same in kind at every
point of its presence. It is all powerful, all wisdom and always present. All
thoughts and things are within Itself. It is all in all.
25. There is but one consciousness in the universe able to think; and when it
thinks, its thoughts become objective things to it. As this Consciousness is
omnipresent, it must be present within every individual; each individual must be a
manifestation of that Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent Consciousness.
26. As there is only one Consciousness in the Universe that is able to think it
necessarily follows that your consciousness is identical with the Universal
Consciousness, or, in other words, all mind is one mind. There is no dodging this
27. The consciousness that focuses in your brain cells is the same consciousness
which focuses in the brain cells of every other individual. Each individual is but
the individualization of the Universal, the Cosmic Mind.
28. The Universal Mind is static or potential energy; it simply is; it can manifest
only through the individual, and the individual can manifest only through the
Universal. They are one.
29. The ability of the individual to think is his ability to act on the Universal
and bring it into manifestation. Human consciousness consists only in the ability
of man to think. Mind in itself is believed to be a subtle form of static energy,
from which arises the activities called “thought,” which is the dynamic phase of
mind. Mind is static energy, thought is dynamic energy – the two phases of the same
thing. Thought is therefore the vibratory force formed by converting static mind
into dynamic mind.
30. As the sum of all attributes are contained in the Universal Mind, which is
Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent, these attributes must be present at all
times in their potential form in every individual. Therefore, when the individual
thinks, the thought is compelled by its nature to embody itself in an objectivity
or condition which will correspond with its origin.
31. Every thought therefore is a cause and every condition an effect; for this
reason it is absolutely essential that you control your thoughts so as to bring
forth only desirable conditions.
32. All power is from within, and is absolutely under your control; it comes
through exact knowledge and by the voluntary exercises of exact principles.
33. It should be plain that when you acquire a thorough understanding of this law,
and are able to control your thought processes, you can apply it to any condition;
in other words, you will have come into conscious cooperation with Omnipotent law
which is the fundamental basis of all things.
34. The Universal Mind is the life principle of every atom which is in existence;
every atom is continually striving to manifest more life; all are intelligent, and
all are seeking to carry out the purpose for which they were created.
35. A majority of mankind lives in the world without; few have found the world
within, and yet it is the world within that makes the world without; it is
therefore creative and everything which you find in your world without has been
created by you in the world within.
36. This system will bring you into a realization of power which will be yours when
you understand this relation between the world without and the world within. The
world within is the cause, the world without the effect; to change the effect you
must change the cause.
37. You will at once see that this is a radically new and different idea; most men
try to change effects by working with effects. They fail to see that this is simply
changing one form of distress for another. To remove discord, we must remove the
cause, and this cause can be found only in the world within.
38. All growth is from within. This is evident in all nature. Every plant, every
animal, every human is a living testimony to this great law, and the error of the
ages is in looking for strength or power from without.
39. The world within is the Universal fountain of supply, and the world without is
the outlet to the stream. Our ability to receive depends upon our recognition of
this Universal Fountain, this Infinite Energy of which each individual is an
outlet, and so is one with every other individual.
40. Recognition is a mental process, mental action is therefore the interaction of
the individual upon the Universal Mind, and as the Universal Mind is the
intelligence which pervades all space and animates all living things, this mental
action and reaction is the law of causation, but the principle of causation does
not obtain in the individual but in the Universal Mind. It is not an objective
faculty but a subjective process, and the results are seen in an infinite variety
of conditions and experiences.
41. In order to express life there must be mind; nothing can exist without mind.
Everything which exists is some manifestation of this one basic substance from
which and by which all things have been created and are continually being
42. We live in a fathomless sea of plastic mind substance. This substance is ever
alive and active. It is sensitive to the highest degree. It takes form according to
the mental demand. Thought forms the mold or matrix from which the substance
43. Remember that it is in the application alone that the value consists and that
a practical understanding of this law will substitute abundance for poverty, wisdom
for ignorance, harmony for discord and freedom for tyranny, and certainly there can
be no greater blessing than these from a material and social standpoint.
44. Now make the application: Select a room where you can be alone and undisturbed;
sit erect, comfortably, but do not lounge; let your thoughts roam where they will
but be perfectly still for from fifteen minutes to half an hour; continue this for
three or four days or for a week until you secure full control of your physical
45. Many will find this extremely difficult; others will conquer with ease, but it
is absolutely essential to secure complete control of the body before you are ready
to progress. Next week you will receive instructions for the next step; in the
meantime, you must have mastered this one.
Master Key System http://masterkey.takingcare.ws